For the daily spellings task ask your child to do the following;
1) Read the word
2) Sound out the word
3) Write the word in 'try 1'
4) Check to see if they've spelled the word correctly
5) Move onto 'try 2' and 'try 3'
Do this for 2 words each day.
Each day, once they have learned 2 words, do the following for each word;
1) Speak out loud a simple sentence to your child including one of the words.
2) Ask them to write this sentence down focusing on spelling the main word correctly.
3) Look at their sentence together and check for the following;
Do not be afraid to ask your child to re-write the sentence or improve it, but remember to praise them for the things they have remembered. The main focus of this task is spelling their learned word correctly, everything else is just a bonus :)